S475 TWIN TURBO KIT TURBO FOR DODGE CUMMINS 98.5-02
S400 (S475) Twin (Compound) Turbo Kit
FITS 1998.5-2002 DODGE CUMMINS 24V
Full Compound Turbo, Includes Everything for Install.**
A 360 DEGREE THRUST BEARING IS INCLUDED IN THE D-TECH TURBO. The 360 Degree Thrust Bearing Adds 45% more thrust load capacity, making you small turbo virtually "indestructable".
Our kits now come with two separate oil drain lines, except for 12V engines that have only one oil drain port.
Diesel Power Source, Twin/Compound Turbo Kit, performs excellent when Racing, Towing, or Sled Pulling, but is very mild mannered. SPOOL UP IS IDENTICAL TO STOCK,while raising airflow significantly. Customers are amazed at the spool up, and driveability. **Again, SPOOL UP IS THE SAME AS THE STOCK TURBO.
*EGT's are typically reduced by 300-500 degrees, over a single turbocharger, making towing with our Twins a dream.
*Boost pressure will typically exceed drive pressure. This can't typically be done with a single turbocharger (with single turbos, typically drive pressure is nearly double boost pressure).
*Horsepower, and torque are increased throughout the entire RPM band, and significantly increased in mid and upper range.
*Specifically tuned for 350 to 650 horsepower applications. (If wanting higher power rating, look at our larger kits).
This Twin/Compound Turbo Kit was designed on cutting edge CAD/CAM Software, using CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Testing. You will not find a more high tech kit on the market today. Everything fits like it was built from the factory to be there.
This kit is the most unique and innovative Twin Turbo Kit available today, with features like:
- Direct bolt-on application, no cutting or fabrication needed.
- Dual Oil Drains (except on 12V engines with only one port, then
- Comes with a downpipe for 1994-2002 trucks.
- The absolute largest air filter on the market.
- Low pressure charge pipe is silicone with Kevlar liner, you don't have to fight to a steel charge pipe, and silicone tubing uses less clamps, and is much more expensive than steel tubing.
- High pressure charge pipe is chrome plated aluminum, very attractive and strong.
- Small turbo has a 180% greater wastegate capacity
- An option of adding a built-in external wastegate.
- Cast hot pipe, has external wastegate port already built-in.
- Steel braided oil feed lines.
- Polished D-Tech (small) turbocharger.
- S475 Large Turbo charger.
- 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold included in kit.
- Support bracket for Lower (Large) Turbo.
- Adjustable boost pressure.
- Tons of other upgrade options. (Upgrade options include increasing the S475 turbo up to an S483 (83mm compressor), and the D-Tech turbo to a 64mm, Call for details.)
On 2nd Gen trucks, head studs are highly recommended for boost pressure over 48 psi, and fire rings recommended for boost pressure over 55 psi. This system is capable of well over 60 psi, but is adjustable to below 50 psi, depending on truck.
Kit includes: Air Filter, Cast Iron Elbow (carries exhaust from primary to secondary turbo), Support Bracket for S400 Turbo, 3-Piece Exhause Manifold (pre-tapped ports for pyro), Complete Air Intake including Air Filter, Silicone Charge Pipe (on Low-pressure end), Chrome Plated Aluminum Charge Pipe, 1-D-Tech 62 Turbo (small turbo, 62/12/65),1-S475 Turbo (large turbo 75mm compressor wheel/ 96m turbine wheel, 1.32 A/R Housing), 2-Steel Braided High Temp Oil Supply Lines, 2-Oil Drain Lines & Fittings, Turbo & Manifold Gaskets, Oil Line Adapters, Mounting Bolts, Exhaust Adapter (from S475 to exhaust pipe), V-Band Clamps, High Torque T-Bolt Clamps, Low Torque Clamps, 4" Exhaust Downpipe, Installation Instructions.
EGT TEST RESULTS: The following test results were to test different single turbochargers against our Twin Turbo Kit (this test was on our HT3B twin kit which has slightly less air flow than the S400 series kits). Each test consisted of a sustained 400hp dyno pull. The test truck was brought up to a 400hp on the dyno, and then loaded to hold a sustained loaded pull, equal to pulling a trailer up a grade using 400 hp. The EGT's were read pre-turbo. **Note: The following test results are on our HT3B Twin Kit. The S475-S483 Twin Kits are even better than these results.
The results follow:
- Test 1 Stock Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 degrees, (Test Time: 13 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 2 Competitors Stainless Steel Housing Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 deg (Test Time: 17 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 3 Diesel Power Source Twin Turbos:Max EGT's reached 1290 (Test Time: 1 minute, EGT's did not ever exceed 1290 degrees).
Note: For 6.7 L Cummins owners. This kit requires a DPF delete, and removal of the EGR, as well as a programmer with a turbo delete, such as Smarty. For all 6.7 L Cummins this kit is for off-road use only.
*The standard kit is an D-Tech 62 over an S475. (Add $400 for and S480 (80mm) Upgrade, Add $100 for D-Tech 64)
**On trucks with Automatic Transmissions, some trucks require relocation of the transmission oil cooler on the side of the engine block, but not all 2nd gen trucks require this.
Question: If you already have a competitors turbo (ie. BD, Phat Shaft) or an HT3B, can you use it on this kit. (Answer): Possibly. Give us a call and we can let you know.
Question: Why is the kit more than the 3rd Gen kits. (Answer) Because 2nd gen kits require the included downpipe.
Please send any other questions. --Thanks Diesel Power Source.