S480 TWIN TURBOS FOR DODGE CUMMINS 07.5-09
S480 Twin (Compound) Turbo Kit
FITS 2007.5-2009 CUMMINS 6.7L
*D-Tech 64mm over S480 Turbo (80mm)
*NOW A 360 DEGREE THRUST BEARING IS INCLUDED IN THE D-TECH TURBO
*360 Degree Thrust Bearing Adds 45% more thrust load capacity, making you small turbo virtually "indestructable".
*Our kits now come with two separate oil drain lines.
Diesel Power Source, Twin/Compound Turbo Kit, performs excellent when Racing, Towing, or Sled Pulling, but is very driveable. SPOOL UP IS SIMILAR TO STOCK,while raising airflow significantly. Customers are amazed at the spool up, and driveability. **Again, SPOOL UP IS VERY SIMILAR TO STOCK TURBO.
EGT's are typically reduced by 300-500 degrees, over a single turbocharger. Making towing with our Twins a dream.
Boost pressure will typically exceed drive pressure. This can't typically be done with a single turbocharger (with single turbos, typically drive pressure is nearly double boost pressure).
Horsepower, and torque are increased throughout the entire RPM band, and significantly increased in mid and upper range.
Specifically tuned for 350 to 875 horsepower applications. (If seeking 750 hp or higher, we recommend our 71mm turbine wheel upgrade on the small turbo, that actually allows horsepower to exceed 900).
This Twin/Compound Turbo Kit was designed on CAD Software, using CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Testing. You will not find a more high tech kit on the market today. Everything fits like it was built from the factory to be there.
This kit is the most unique and innovative Twin Turbo Kit available today, with features like:
- Direct bolt-on application, no cutting or fabrication needed.
- Uses only the stock oil return (no need to pop out freeze plug for the second return line), all oil returns in the single, stock block return line.
- Bolts directly up to the stock exhaust.
- The absolute largest air filter on the market.
- Low pressure charge pipe is silicone with fiberglass liner, you don't have to fight to a steel charge pipe, and silicone tubing uses less clamps, and is much more expensive than steel tubing.
- High pressure charge pipe is chrome plated aluminum, very attractive and strong.
- Small turbo has a 180% greater wastegate capacity
- An option of adding a built-in external wastegate ($300 additional)
- Cast hot pipe, has external wastegate port already built-in.
- Steel braided oil feed lines.
- S480 Large Turbo charger.
- 3-Piece Pulse manifold included in kit.
- Support bracket for Lower (Large) Turbo.
- Adjustable boost pressure.
- Other upgrade options. (Upgrade options include increasing the S480 turbo up to an S483 (83mm compressor, call for pricing).
Head studs are highly recommended for boost pressure over 45 psi, and fire rings recommended for boost pressure over 60 psi. This system is capable of over 70 psi, but is adjustable to below 65 psi, depending on truck.
Kit includes: Air Filter, Cast Iron Elbow (carries exhaust from primary to secondary turbo), Support Bracket, 3-Piece Manifold, 2 Rubber Inlet Air Tubes (reinforced with steel to prevent collapsing), Silicone Charge Pipe, Chrome Plated Aluminum Charge Pipe, 1-D-Tech Turbo (small turbo),1-S480 Turbo (large turbo), 2-Steel Braided High Temp Oil Supply Lines, Oil Drain Lines & Fittings, Turbo Gaskets, Oil Line Adapters, Mounting Bolts, Exhaust Adapter (from S480 to exhaust pipe), V-Band Clamps, High Torque T-Bolt Clamps, Low Torque Clamps, Installation Instructions.
**Note: The following test results are on our HT3B Twin Kit. The S475-S483 Twin Kits are even better than these results.
EGT TEST RESULTS: The following test results were to test different single turbochargers against our Twin Turbo Kit (this test was on our HT3B twin kit which has slightly less air flow than the S400 series kits). Each test consisted of a sustained 400hp dyno pull. The test truck was brought up to a 400hp on the dyno, and then loaded to hold a sustained loaded pull, equal to pulling a trailer up a grade using 400 hp. The EGT's were read pre-turbo. The results follow:
- Test 1 Stock Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 degrees, (Test Time: 13 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 2 Competitors Stainless Steel Housing Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 deg (Test Time: 17 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 3 Diesel Power Source Twin Turbos:Max EGT's reached 1290 (Test Time: 1 minute, EGT's did not ever exceed 1290 degrees).
Question: If you already have a competitors turbo (ie. BD or Phat Shaft) or an HT3B, can you use it on this kit. (Answer): Possibly. Give us a call and we can let you know.
Question: Is this kit available for 2nd Gen trucks yr. 98.5-2002. (Answer) Yes, but the price is slightly higher because it requires a downpipe.
Please send any other questions. --Thanks Diesel Power Source.
Note: For 6.7 L Cummins owners. This kit requires a DPF, EGR, and turbo delete/removal as well as a programmer with a turbo delete, such as Smarty. The phisical components of the DPS, EGR, and stock turbo must be removed for this kit to be used. For all 6.7 L Cummins this kit is for off-road use only. Mass Air Flow Sensors need to be cut into the air intake.
**Spool-up on the D-Tech 64 over an S480 is slightly slower than stock, but does have much higher top-end air flow and performance.